Thursday, April 1, 2010

A New York Birthday

I love birthdays! I always have and it doesn't matter whose birthday it is, mine, yours, anyone’s, I love them. They just make you happy. And when people say they do not like their birthday because it reminds them they are getting old, well so what. Celebrate anyway, and slide me a piece of your cake please.

For my birthday this year Brian had planned a long weekend trip to Charleston, or so I thought. My not good secret keeper husband of mine proved me wrong, spilling the beans 3 days before we were leaving that we were not going to Charleston- we were going to New York- surprise! I can only imagine the shock and surprise that feel across my face. Well first thing that goes into my mind, "Oh no I don't have anything to wear in New York!" You girls I am sure can relate, packing for a weekend in Charleston is completely different than a weekend in New York. I went into panic mode. Brian was not the only one keeping this a secret. He had shared this with both our moms, a few of my girlfriends and had even been in contact with 2 precious friends of mine who live in New York. When my sweet friend Hollie found out I was finally in on the big secret, she graciously opened her closet to me to come "shop."

Brian and I flew out super early Saturday morning- - Miss Marie was a doll and drove us to the airport. Upon arriving in New York we were accompanied by the yucky rain we had just left in Atlanta, and sadly it stayed with us our entire visit. But we did not let it slow us down. We just bundled up in our warm clothes and rain boots and hit the streets. I could talk for pages about our trip but I will try to just hit the highlights.

We stayed at The Empire Hotel- loved it! If anyone is a fan of Gossip Girl, this is the hotel Mr Chuck Bass purchased at the age of 21 and lives in. A lot of the show is actually filmed here. We actually did not know this little fun fact until the night before we were flying out. This isn't the best picture but this is us infront of the hotel, in the rain of course.

We ate at some really yummy restaurants- RedEye, Josis's, Morimoto, Angus McInde. Our concierge at the hotel was awesome -called each place to make reservations for us and made it known that it was my birthday- I love me some free birthday desserts! At RedEye the first night, a group of the wait staff came out singing "Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Perfect Stranger, Happy Birthday to You" and bringing the most heavenly dessert bowl of goodness and cotton candy. I was in heaven.

We went shopping in SoHo, strolled through Central Park, got to spend time with Tyler Ennis, shopped a little more, and explored the streets in Manhattan. Monday night was extra exciting with predinner drinks at The View onto of the Marriott Marquis, fancy dinner then to The Phantom of the Opera. It was incredible! The next morning we had tickets to LIVE with Regis and Kelly. The guest for the day were Kristen Stewart and Kristie Alley. But... they surprised us and prerecorded some future episodes and the guest stars were Gerald Butler and Jude Law. Yes I just said Jude Law. To say the least, I was "that" girl screaming like a teenager. What a day! It was a trip to be remembered forever.

“The best birthdays of all are those that haven't arrived yet.” - Author Unknown. Brian has outdone himself each year making my birthday super special. I think it surly can't be topped, and yet they seem to each year. I hope he is already planning next year- he has set the bar mighty high. Haha just kidding honey.

Here are a few more pictures from our trip. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment