Today Hollie and Wesley are closing on their new home!! I am so excited for them and for all the memories that will be made in this house. Today as I am thinking about them and the excitement they are likely feeling, the song Closing Time by Semisonc has been in my mind all day! I love it when it says
Closing time, every new beginning
Comes from some other beginnings end
I know this song is not talking about buying a new house, but the reference stands true to this situation as well. Another family started a new phase of their life when they moved into this house and now their time there has ended. But it is just beginning for Hollie and Wesley.
So cheers to Hollie and Wesley. Wishing you the best as you close today and with your New Beginning ;)
Check out the lyrics:
Closing time, open all the doors
And let you out into the world
Closing time, turn all of the lights on
Over every boy and every girl
Closing time, one last call for alcohol
So finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time, you don't have to go home
But you cant stay here
I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home,
Take me home
Closing time, time for you to go out
To the places you will be from
Closing time, this room wont be open
Till your brothers or your sisters come
So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits
I hope you have found a friend
Closing time, every new beginning
Comes from some other beginnings end
I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home,
Take me home
Closing time, time for you to go out
To the places you will be from
I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home,
Take me home
Closing time, every new beginning
Comes from some other beginnings end
awww! I might shed a tear right now. We were not able to close today, but hopefully soon. I thank you so much for being so excited for us. We are ready to call it home!
ReplyDelete