Thursday, June 16, 2011
RunKeeper
When I got my MyTouch phone, I downloaded all these great free apps. Sadly, over half of them I probably have not even used. One of which is RunKeeper. It tracks your mileage for several activities like running, walking, cycling, skating, wheelchair (I am not joking), etc. One night after work earlier this week I decided enough was enough- I need to get outside and run. I am training for the Peachtree Roadrace, which is July 4th, and I have yet to run outside. Big Problem, right. I did not have high expectations for myself but grabbed my phone, set the RunKeeper for Running and was on my way around our neighborhood.
Conclusion: RunKeeper is Awesome! Every 5 minutes it gives you -out loud- your time, distance and split time. I found this to be encouraging and motivating. Here is what my run looked like.
My hair rubberband fell out around mile 3 and I had to slow down to pull it back again, at least I am going to use that as my excuse for the extra time there. All your information is saved and a link of your exercise is emailed to you when you "Finish" to review your run. Neat huh? It even shows the elevation of your run. I doubt the calories burned is very accurate. I don't recall setting my height, weight, age, etc- but then again maybe I did when I downloaded it. It was seriously that long ago and don't remember. Anyway, I wanted to share this new discovery of mine with you. Let me know if you use this or a similar app. I would love to know what all I am missing.
Happy Running!
I wanted to pass this information a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I have the same app and like you, have never used it!! Very cool. Thanks for nudge to try it out. Jay & I are running Peachtree too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, I've been looking for an app like this! Hope they have it for droid =)
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome, I will have to get it. I need to find one that I can show where im starting and tell how far i want to run and it will make a route for me. Know any like that? Thats fun you are running ptree road race, how far is it? good luck!
ReplyDelete