What do you do when you are trapped inside your house due to icy dangerous roads... bake cookies of course. This year for Christmas I made these adorable cookie mix jars for some people at work- Triple Chocolate Grand Slam Cookie Mix.Once I got these babies all filled with the ingredients, I printed out the baking instructions and tide them all cute to the lids so that they would be able to bakes these yummy cookies with their families during the holiday.
Truth be told, I had actually already made a whole patch of the M&M Cookie Mix but thought they turned out horrible and decided to do the Triple Chocolate Grand Slam Cookie Mix instead and just keep the M&M mix. As you can see, there just wasn't enough contrasting colors. All the ingredients are shades of white- flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda. And my M&M kept sliding down into the flour.
Insert jars of cookie mix + boredom = cookie bakin time!
For these M&M cookies I had all the dry ingredients all layered into the jar- made these babies come together super fast- and the only wet ingredients I needed were some butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. I set out the butter to get softened and returned to my computer. After a few calls and several emails later, returned to the kitchen and was ready to bake. I started by blending the all the wet ingredients and then slowly added the dry ingredients out of the jar.
Baked these @ 375 for 10-12 minutes and ta-da! M&M Cookies.
I thought they turned out great. Brian and I both dug right in when they came out of the oven.
Here is the recipe....
M&M Cookie Mix
1 C. M&M cookies
2 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 C. sugar
Layer the ingredients in the order given into a wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar. (Mason jars can be difficult to find. I got mine from AC HArdware) Pack each layer in place before adding the next ingredient.
Baking Instructions
Preheat oven to 375'F. In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs and vanilla. Add the M&M Cookie Mix and stir until the mixture is well blended. (I was worried it was going to be a bit dry, but once i rolled up my sleeves and blended with my hands it was a great consistency.) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I baked mine for 10 minutes, but then I placed the oven on broil for the last minute or 2 to give the top a nice golden color. I have never done that before and really liked the results.
Enjoy!


Yum! Those look great!
ReplyDeleteOh, and from what I can see of your kitchen renovations - it looks amazing! Post more pictures :)
I agree with Meredith-from these pictures, I LOVE your counter tops and backsplash!
ReplyDeleteThanks! And if you look closely you can see where we have primed the window. Glad that you can't see anything else going on in the kitchen- it is a mess right now. Soon I will have beautiful pictures to show you, cross your fingers.
ReplyDeleteIm laughing right now b/c laura lyn and I got bored and baked too! We tried Gena Knox Butterscotch brownies. : )
ReplyDelete