Friday, December 30, 2011

Our Whirlwind Christmas

Brian and I had a lot of stops this Christmas but there was no way we were saying no to any of our sweet families.

On Friday, we headed down to Augusta for lunch with my father, a quick visit with my Papa Bull and Nana Gwen, then dinner at my Uncle Hal's with Mom, Jim, Matt, Nan-nee, Gran-dee, Blair, Matt S., and their adorable boys Luke, Noah and Harper (who is walking now).
And if you cannot tell from the above picture, the tradition continues- Nan-nee's hats. This year our hat was a hanging "Kiss Me" mistletoe. (Last year we had "Santa Land" hats)

When we arrived home, even though it was late, Brian and I were too anxious and exchanged gifts with each other.


Christmas Eve was spent in Alabama at Aunt Myrt and Uncle Went's with all the family. I look forward to going here every year. After a huge lunch everyone hangs out on the rocking chairs, goes on a walk to the pond, or this year thanks to Christopher we enjoyed playing corn-hole.


With Melanie and Alex being home from Luxembourg, she asked if we could stay with everyone at the Wages - first time I have ever not spent the night at my moms house for Santa. But I am a big girl and I did it ;-)

Christmas morning we ate a delicious breakfast and opened gifts before Brian, Sophie and I headed to Mom and Jim's.

Upon arriving at the lake Sophie wasted no time and ran straight to her stocking.

Family Picture in front of their tree. It is slim to impossible to get Sophie to look at the camera.

We had a wonderful Christmas and are so thankful for our amazing families. Hope you all had a blessed Christmas remembering the true meaning of the holiday. Happy Birthday Jesus!

Merry Christmas from Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment