Tuesday, December 6, 2011

{Priase and Worship}: Like An Avalanch

Back in September I posted (here) about how songs often times become my prayer to God for a certain period of time. Its my outlet to talk to Him, praise Him, worship Him and meet with Him. Right now I cannot stop singing Like An Avalanch by Hillsong United. Brian was given the incredible opportunity to attend Catalyst back in October through his work and purchased this CD among a few other things. It has taken temporary permanent residence in my car.

The lyrics speak of God's breathtaking, incomprehensible Grace and Love. And that at times the only thing you can do is bow your head, Surrendering to our Savior. I love this verse:

And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love
Burning in my heart


By definition, avalanche means: A massive or overwhelming amount; a flood.
When you truly understand what God's message is all about, you are just that- flooded with emotions and humbled; overwhelmed that someone as dirty and sinful as I deserves to be cherished so. God's unconditional love and forgives amazes me day in and day out.

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

While I listen to this song my prayer is for God to mold my heart to be more like His and to use me for His kingdom.


Beautiful God
Laying Your majesty aside
You reached out in love to show me life
Lifted from darkness into light

King for a slave
Trading Your righteousness for shame
Despite all my pride and foolish ways
Caught in Your infinite embrace

And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love
Burning in my heart

Saviour and Friend
Breathing Your life into my heart
Your word is the lamp unto my path
Forever I'm humbled by Your love

Take my life
Take all that I am
With all that I am I will love You
Take my heart
Take all that I have
Jesus how I adore You

And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compare to this love love love

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, what beautiful lyrics! Thank you for sharing. Reminds me of the book we're reading in small group- "Prayer" by Richard Foster- it's SO good!

    ReplyDelete